This is a WWII Navy model TCK-4, our latest backup transmitter.
WBCQ is hosting a celebration of Jennifer’s life tomorrow at Monticello. Part of this celebration will be airing classic episodes of Jennifer’s radio show “867-5309″ on Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m. US eastern time (1800-2300 UTC).
MONTICELLO, Maine — Jennifer grew up in Bourne, but recently lived in Maine and Florida. She and her husband owned several commercial AM, FM and shortwave radio stations in northeastern Maine. They both wrote and hosted many public talk shows.
Jennifer was an electronics expert and an advanced computer programmer. She worked for the U.S. Navy and IBM in Groton, CT.
As a child she flew with her father, Christopher Garland, and later earned her pilot’s license. She was an avid horsewoman, tennis player, scuba diver, amateur radio operator — and had an irresistible sense of humor.
Jennifer was deeply religious in the Christian faith and was prayerful, empathetic and kind to all who knew her.
She leaves behind her beloved husband, Allan Weiner, her mother Frances Anderegg, stepfather Jack Anderegg, sister Jill, brother Charles Garland and many dear stepsiblings and cousins in the Cape Cod area and far beyond.
Funeral service Monday August 12th at noon, at the Nickerson-Bourne Funeral Home on Macarthur Blvd in Bourne.
No flowers, please. Or perhaps make a donation to your favorite charity.
For more information, please listen to Allan’s radio show from Friday, August 16, 2013, available on our archive server.
Obituary from the Cape Cod Online
Allan and Tom are spinning pirate reels on WBCQ 7490 this evening (Saturday, August 17), starting at 2300 UTC and going until whenever.
Another vintage pirate radio night on WBCQ 7.490 MHZ this Saturday, July 13, starting 7:00pm US eastern time. Allan will be digging into more old boxes of reel to reel tapes and finding stuff not heard in 20 to 30 years. This week some tapes from the original RNI days.
As always, you can find our complete schedule at http://schedule.wbcq.com.
- VSI Radio International will move from Wednesdays 7-8pm on 7490 to Saturdays 9-10pm on 7490.
- A new show, “Heart and Soul of America Broadcast,”, starts Monday, July 8, 2013, 9:00 pm eastern time, on WBCQ 5110. This show will run Monday through Friday from 9-10 pm on 5110.
- Glenn Hauser’s World of Radio will move from 9:30pm to 10:00pm Friday on 5110 effective July 12.
- The Voice of the Dead will move from 10:00pm to 10:30pm Friday on 5110.
- The I Sing program, formerly Saturdays on 7490, is canceled.
Via Bob Squirrell on the Radio Caroline Mailing List:
It’s Radio Caroline’s 50th anniversary next year and we’re having a big party to celebrate. The Corn Exchange in Rochester, Kent is the venue and the date is Saturday, March 8th 2014. We’re planning a whole day and night of events so stay tuned to Radio Caroline or visit our websites for regular updates. In the meantime if you’d like to register your interest and guarantee your tickets with no obligation drop us a line to email@example.com Check out our special 50th anniversary website at www.radiocaroline50.co.uk.
Via Dan Lewis, Radio Guy:
On March 20, 1991 the Supreme Court issued a landmark decision on fetal protection in the workplace in the case of UAW v. Johnson Controls. What does this have to do with Dan Lewis op de radio? The release of the decision was instrumental in dating the next show presented for your listening enjoyment. It was found on an undated cassette tape.
Back in early 1991, Radio New York International made the bold move of providing a 7 day per week broadcast schedule. I took Friday nights, naming them the Friday follies, and Tina agreed to help with the RNI Information news segment.
Read more and download the audio here: RNI Friday Follies via WRNO, New Orelans
To commemorate the 49th anniversary of the first broadcast from Radio Caroline, WBCQ presents our Offshore Radio Special on Area 51, 5.110 MHz worldwide shortwave. Starting Sunday, March 31 at 6PM US eastern time (2200 UTC) we will present a 12 hour marathon broadcast celebrating the legacy of offshore radio, including both the first and the latest shows from our own Radio New York International. A Special QSL will be issued for verified shortwave reception reports for WBCQ 5.110 between 2200 UTC Sunday and 1000 UTC Monday. Listen live for details.
- 6PM 2200 – Allan Weiner Worldwide radio ships 8/27/1999
- 7PM 2300 – When offshore pirates ruled the waves
- 8PM 0000 – Radio New York International with John Lightning (live)
- 11PM 0300 – Radio Northsea International 4/15/1974 Rob Eden Contemporary Music Show
- 12AM 0400 – Radio New York International 7/23/1987 First Show
- 2AM 0600 – Laser 729 2/19/1984 John Moss-Blak
- 3AM 0700 – Radio Caroline 2/28/1984
- 4AM 0800 – Radio Caroline North 7/25/1965 Jim Murphy Midnight Surf Party
- 5AM 0900 – Radio Caroline South 3/5/1967 Robbie Dale Beat Fleet
- 6AM 1000 – off